If you had an umlimited shopping spree at only one store, which one would you choose, and why?
I think I may have answered this question before, so may well be repeating myself! I’d definitely choose John Lewis in London’s Oxford Street – I could kit out an entire home from there, including all furniture, soft furnishings, appliances, kitchenware… mind you all I’d need now is a new house to put it all in!
What is the worst thing you ate recently?
Worst tasting was pea and ham ravioli – unbeknownst to me they were made of minted peas, and as I’d made a cheese-based white sauce to have with it, it was truly a vile combination – yuk!
Worst for me health-wise was salted caramel dairy ice-cream – it tasted absolutely divine but sadly was calorific beyond any sensible counting
Name five things you like watching?
1) My young grandchildren sleeping – they look like little angels with their tousled hair and slumbering faces
2) Sunsets – and I’d add sunrises too, but I’m rarely up and about early enough to catch them
3) Waves – there’s just something hypnotic and soothing about watching waves break on the shoreline, I really love it
4) Nature in full seasonal swing in general – particularly sweeping views and vistas
5) TV – particularly period dramas and detective whodunnit stuff
What did you appreciate or what made you smile this week?
I was at my GP surgery this morning and agreed to be examined by a final year medical student before seeing my own doctor – I was happy enough to have been given what turned out to be a doubly thorough and careful examination, and was pleased to be able to help a future doctor complete his training. I very much appreciate our National Health Service and am really glad people still want to work in it in spite of our current political climate…
Share Your World: 29 January 2018